Sunday, March 10, 2013

Like List #2


Wow... the past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind! This week I started my graduate certificate in visual arts at the Victorian College of the Arts... and already I feel like a flame has been lit inside of me... a window has been opened and all my creative thoughts, impulses and desires have been flowing like a river.

This week's like list is just a little bit arty...

Marina Abramović - The Artist is Present.

I first watched this documentary about a month ago, and from the first moment to the last I was totally enthralled. I highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the arts and performance. (Warning: there is a whole lot of non-sexual nudity... so if that's not your thing... maybe give it a miss.)  

Marina Abramović Made Me Cry.

These beautiful and honest photographs taken during 'The Artist is Present' performance at MOMA in New York give a true insight of the effect of these types of performance art on a range of people.

Big Hearted Business Conference by Clare Bowditch.

I am lucky enough to be attending this amazing conference later this month (with the lovely Olivia). I have been brought up in a family of small business owner-operators and I think its wonderful to have these types of events to enough women to follow their dreams and make a living out of it at the same time.

x
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...