Thursday, March 22, 2012

Reflections on Blogging

self reflection US11 / 1
me&you
-4A
LC-A (various film)

A couple of weeks back, I started the 'Blogging from the Heart' e-course by Susannah Conway. I wondered while I clicked the registration button, "Am I the kind of blogger who will benefit from this course?"... then in the first week, it hit me that this is exactly the kind of course I need.

Those of you who follow me here at milk&miel know that I mostly blog about photography & rarely about myself or my experiences. This really has nothing to do with me hiding behind my photographs or a lack of want on my behalf to reveal myself, but more to do with not wanting to bore people who are after a "photography" blog with personal make/hate/love lists.

But over the last couple of weeks I've discovered that maybe, after all, revealing more of myself on my blog won't drive away the masses, but will perhaps endear more people towards it.

So let me know what you would like to know... what would you like me to write about? 

Because if left to my own devices I will post about my love of Mexican food, my endeavour for the perfect pair of yellow ballet flats, the arguments for & against skinny jeans, Mac versus PC, my longing for New York City and ultimately the dreaded analogue versus digital photography debate (amongst other things).

x Mel

2 comments:

Rhianne said...

Oh gosh I wish I could have taken this course - isn't Susannah amazing! I want to hear about your search for the perfect yellow flats and well, everything... I really do :)

I've felt the same about boring people with other things but I think people are here for the personality as well as the photo, perhaps we can be a bit braver in what we post together :)

p.s. In photography related comments - I love these photos, they are wonderful! I've had to send my LC-A back to Lomography which I am a little bit heartbroken about but I'm hoping they can send me one that works now.

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

All those things you listed sound perfectly fine to me! Blog on. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...