Saturday, January 29, 2011

London Love.

I left my heart in London somewhere 
between the pub & a long walk home. 

"Samuel Johnson once said:

“Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”

Before I travelled to London to live & work for 2 years I would have never conceived of the enjoyment London would give me.

As an outsider I saw London with fresh eyes, I wanted to absorb all of its glittering brilliance & be absorbed into its shadowy underbelly.

From my favorite coffee shop, Flat White on Berwick Street in Soho, the only coffee shop in London where you could get a Aussie coffee, although sometimes you had to line up out the door & sit on the curb & get your caffeine hit, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Even on a the cold grey days, a long walk in one of her many parks or a hot chocolate on a bench in Soho Square would lighten up even the dullest mood. The fall of autumn leaves showering your shoulders & feet.

To Camden Markets, where punks hang with tourists & market stalls selling all the wares of the modern world, the local pub, where a fresh pint & a bowl of chips would always help clear away a long winter day with the help of your friend’s hearty banter & the life blood of London, buses & trains… every soul in London has had their drunken trip home on the 189 bus or had to walk home from Baker Street after missing the last Jubilee train home at 12:47am.

After 2 years of seasons, I had to leave my lovely London with her dirt & grime, her river, her eye & return back to my life in Australia, but I left my heart in London. Thankfully I have my LomoLondon memories to keep me alive!

I ♥ London."

This Lomo Location post was originally published here. I wanted to post this, not only to reminisce about my time in London, but also to pre-celebrate another article I will have published on lomography.com very very soon.

x

1 comment:

Rhianne said...

oh I love this!! I liked in London for a year and I miss it too, you definitely leave a part f yourself there when you go. Wonderful post and article :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...